Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: new here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member elsteveo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2011
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    new here

    Hello, Im Steve in Oklahoma city. I'm a fan of Altec gear , I own now and have owned several nice pieces. I currently have a few pieces I could use some help with and a few for sale. My needs are a passive 2 way crossover that crosses at 1200hz, like a N1201-8A. I can find a pair if I look hard enough, but anybody got a suggestion for a substitue.I dont want to bi amp. Im putting a pair of speakers together using a Stone Hinge cabinet and attaching an 811 horn with a 902 and mounting a 416b in the cabinet. My hope is to achieve a vertical Altec 19 sound. Also I have 2 pairs of flamenco cabinets in very nice condition, Id like to get rid of one of these and re-populate the other set. I also have a pair of GPA 604's mounted in solid walnut cabinets. Amazing speaker. They are for sale too.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    new here


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: new here

    Welcome!

    DIY crossovers aren't too hard... a good basic read at Passive Crossover Networks

    Parts available at Parts Express, and lots of opinions available here.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  3. #3
    HB Super Moderator
    new here


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: new here

    Hello Steve ! Welcome to the board ! We hope to have a marketplace very soon for you to post your items in.It will be At the top of the forum in the form of a "Sticky".Which will be up to Todd. WRT your project it should sound good but I would recommend a little bigger cabinet for the 416-8B to reach it's full potential a 8-9 cu.ft cab would be preferable.Otherwise it won't have as much bass as the Model 19.
    Last edited by Altec Best; August 29th, 2011 at 11:46 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member cradeldorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2010
    Location
    Muskegon Mi.
    Posts
    1,334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: new here

    Hi Buddy welcome to the Hangout. : ) I'm running 604's in a pair of Mock (heathkit AS 101) Flamenco's. they sound superb.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member cradeldorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2010
    Location
    Muskegon Mi.
    Posts
    1,334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: new here

    Are you the Steve that works at GPA?

  6. #6
    HB Super Moderator
    new here


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: new here

    Quote Originally Posted by cradeldorf View Post
    Are you the Steve that works at GPA?
    Different Steve !

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member cradeldorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2010
    Location
    Muskegon Mi.
    Posts
    1,334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: new here

    Ok Thanks Buddy.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.